What You Will Do
The Warehouse Person is responsible for maintaining the appearance of the building according to Distribution’s Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures as well as ensuring product is accessible to be safe selection and delivery to stores. This associate works with multiple groups to assist with cleaning industrial equipment, tractor trailers and facility floors. They sort recycling materials and help reduce shrink by collecting damaged cases, sorting product, repackaging and properly labeling cases. Their work follows a Master Sanitation Schedule and each of their completed tasks is documented.
The responsibilities listed on this posting are not intended to be all-inclusive and additional responsibilities may be assigned, as needed.
What You Need toSucceed
- be at least 18 years old
- successfully complete a Work Attitude Survey
be able to:
- work weekends, holidays and extended periods of time
- obtain certification in pallet truck and forklift operations (on or before the start date in the position)
- use cleaning chemicals and powered industrial equipment that require Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- lift, carry and stack product weighing
- 67 pounds for High Velocity
- stand, bend, stoop and twist and do repetitive work for long periods of time
- operate a pallet truck or forklift without any part of the body exposed outside of the operator compartment
- work under strict time requirements
- read, write and identify and verify numbers
- interpret, understand and follow instructions and
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free hot meals at facilities with a cafeteria
- Access to over 50 discount offers, like computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
Publix Super Markets tops the list of privately-owned supermarkets in the US. We are privately-owned, hold no long-term debt and continue to grow year after year. Publix and our associates excel in community involvement, volunteerism and environmental sustainability. Our collective commitment to diversity has contributed to our success in being a great place to work and shop. It’s satisfying to work for – and be an owner in – a Fortune 100 company that is widely recognized as a leader in the supermarket industry.cCallaRegion ALPotential Annual Base Pay 27,976 - 38,688Other Compensation Information
Night differential: A $.50 per hour night differential is paid to associates regularly scheduled to work any hours between midnight and 3:00 a.m. (this does not include shifts that end at midnight or begin at 3:00AM).
Weekend premium pay: $2 per hour weekend premium pay for hours worked between 12:00 a.m. Saturday through 11:59 p.m. Sunday
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost!
- Opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health, dental, and vision plan, with prescription benefits
- Sick pay
- Vacation pay