As a Selector Trainee, you will work individually selecting full-case grocery, frozen, and/or perishable products from warehouse pick slots using a pallet jack or other equipment. You will either use order sheets or an audio headset. You will then fit the items on a pallet (are you good at Tetris?), plastic wrap the bundles, transport pallets to shipping dock and in some cases, load them onto a trailer for delivering to customers. All of our employees are expected to make safety their top priority.
IMMEDIATE HIRING! To apply, text JOBS to 32543
- Ensure accuracy of work and adherence to production and safety standards
- Utilize necessary pick sheet or technology (e.g. voice, scanner) to select product.
- Operate double walkie-rider or pallet jack to remove case(s) of product from storage rack and place on pallet and stick selection labels to the appropriate cases (not in all cases)
- Move pallet on an electric pallet jack or walkie-rider until full or order is complete then transport pallets to shipping dock for delivery to retail stores.
- Use proper wrapping techniques to ensure safety of product to prevent damage and inform supervisor of any differences in case quantity and/or description.
- Write store number on pallets. (not in all cases)
- Use battery hoist and change battery, if necessary
- Keep work area clean
- Complete equipment inspection form
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Travel Required: No
Summary of Benefits
- As a local employer of choice in the community, C&S is proud to offer our employees a competitive benefit package that includes:
- A choice of medical, dental, and vision plans to fit you and your family’s needs. Eligible from Day 1
- 401(K) Savings Plan
- All hourly non-union employees are eligible for a weekly accrual of Paid Personal/Sick and Vacation based on tenure, position and hours worked.
- Holiday Pay. Eligible from Day 1
- Tuition Reimbursement eligibility after one year of service
- Weekly Pay
- Company provided yearly allowance for safety shoes – with $100 credit to purchase through SRMAX.COM/CSWG
- Work/Shift Schedule
- Grocery Department - 10PM until work is complete
- Perishable Department - 6:30PM until work is complete
- Freezer Department - 6:30PM until work is complete
- Pay rate
- $18 per hour While in training,
- $18.50 after training,
- Freezer premium pay of $0.80 cents per hour
- Warehouse : Freezer (-20F to 0F)
- Warehouse : Perishable Warehouse (28F to 60F)
- Warehouse : Grocery Warehouse (50F to 90F)
- Specialized Knowledge : Ability to operate pallet jack and other required materials handling equipment (MHE). Ability to operate pallet jack and other required materials handling equipment (MHE). Ability to operate battery hoist Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Special Skills : To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, ability and other characteristics required: Demonstrates commitment and ability to work safely. Show reliability and maintain satisfactory attendance. Produce quality work. Ability to maintain required productivity/work expectations.
- Physical abilities: : Never balancing, sitting. Occasionally climbing up to 4 ft. (Must have fall protection training and using proper fall protection equipment). Occasionally smelling, crawling, kneeling, and talking. Occasionally, feeling, fingering, gripping and carrying up to 60 Lbs. Frequently lifting up to 60 Lbs. Continuously stooping, pivoting and reaching (level: Waist/overhead, etc.). Continuously standing and walking on surface type (s): Carpet, tile, concrete. continuously handling hearing, seeing and repetitive movement using both hands and feet.
- Other: : Key Competencies
- (People) •Inspires Trust • Builds upon your Talent • Creates an Inclusive Work Environment : (Business) • Drives for Results • Drives Continuous Improvement & Innovation • Facilitates Change
Years Of Experience
- 0-2 : Relevant Experience .
- General Equivalency Diploma - General Studies, High School Diploma - General Studies