Simply put, our Warehouse Forklift Operators are masters of skillfully maneuvering industrial powered equipment. Join the team and use your skills to help Publix Distribution maintain a smooth, safe, and orderly process when moving product within Publix’s warehouses.
Warehouse Forklift Operators maneuver powered industrial equipment to move cases and pallets and put them into their assigned slots in the warehouse. They move product from the receiving dock to reserve locations. As pick locations are emptied by Warehouse Selectors, the Warehouse Forklift Operators replenish them, pulling product from reserve locations. The Warehouse Forklift Operators take care to rotate inventory using the most dated inventory first. Furthermore, the Warehouse Forklift Operators help maintain a clean warehouse and sweep out empty slots. Occasionally, they fill in for the Warehouse Selectors, and other positions, as business needs demand.
The responsibilities listed on this posting are not intended to be all-inclusive and additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- be at least 18 years old or at least 19 years old for positions in Alabama
- ability to work nights
- ability to work weekends, holidays, and extended periods of time
- successfully complete a Work Attitude Survey
- obtain certification in pallet truck and forklift operations (on or before his or her start date in the position)
- ability to lift a minimum of 67 pounds (85 pounds in Boxed Meat/Dairy Warehouse)
- ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- ability to bend, stoop, and twist
- ability to operate a pallet truck or forklift without any part of his or her body exposed outside of the operator compartment
- ability to stack product of varying weights
- ability to work under strict time requirements
- ability to read, write, and identify and verify numbers
- ability to interpret, understand, and follow instructions.
- current Orlando Distribution associate
Other Compensation Information
- Night differential: A $.75 per hour night differential is paid to associates regularly scheduled to work any hours between midnight and 3:00 a.m. (this does not include shifts that end at midnight or begin at 3:00AM).
- Freezer differential: A $.50 per hour freezer differential is paid to associates regularly scheduled in the Frozen Food freezer.
- Weekend premium pay: $2 per hour weekend premium pay is available
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Paycheck direct deposit
- Credit union
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
- 6 paid holidays (Associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager’s approval)
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day