$12.00-$14.00 PER HOUR
- The purpose of this position is to ensure Harmons standards for cleanliness, sanitation and safety are being met throughout the store.This person will be performing general maintenance and housekeeping, cleaning glass, cleaning restrooms, sweeping and mopping floors, emptying trash and recycling bins and training new maintenance associates.This person will also assist customers and associates with maintenance issues and providing exceptional customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows established departmental and store policies and procedures
- Ensures the cleanliness and sanitation of all areas throughout the store
- Performs a safety walk of the store to identify potential hazards
- Assists customers and fellow associates with maintenance issues throughout the store
- Empties trash and recycling bins in departments and employee areas
- Cleans and sanitizes restrooms
- Cleans tables, refills napkin dispensers and refills salt and pepper grinders in the customer seating areas
- Cleans glass throughout the store
- Sweeps and mops floors throughout the store
- Cleans employee break room including the refrigerator
- Cleans and organizes the store s maintenance closets and mechanical rooms
- Delivers excellent customer service to all customers
- Assists as needed to ensure the success of the store as a whole
MARGINIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
NATURE OF WORK CONTACTS
- Consistent and daily interaction with store associates
- Consistent and daily interaction with customers
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A high school diploma or GED preferred; or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures
- Must possess integrity, a positive attitude, be mission-driven, and be self-directed with a demonstrated passion for Harmons mission and commitment to working collaboratively
- Continually strives to be product minded, customer minded, personnel minded, detailed, consistent and forward focused
- Ability to use good judgment and to make decisions quickly and independently
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is generally performed in a safe and comfortable store environment with the possibility of frequent exposure to hot, cold, slippery and wet conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to grasp, push, pull, carry, stoop, twist, crouch, and reach; perform tasks requiring repetitive motion and eye, hand and foot coordination; hear and respond to customer inquiries.Also requires standing, walking and bending throughout the entire work day and the ability to maneuver heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds from location to location.