$13.00-$18.49 PER HOUR
The purpose of this position is to ensure the safety and security of Harmons customers, associates, facilities, and merchandise. This person will be a presence in the store, ensuring safety and security procedures are being followed, conducting monthly safety and PCI compliance audits, as well as review, download, and deliver video surveillance when requested by risk management for insurance or security needs, and providing exceptional customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows established departmental and store policies and procedures
- Maintains good working relationships with all store associates
- Receives safety concerns from associates and when needed helps them direct those to store management or risk management
- Conducts weekly walks through each department to visually inspect for safety and security concerns, including but not limited to associate compliance with safety policies and procedures
- Assists the safety committee chairperson as needed with the monthly visual inspection of the fire extinguishers
- Attends and meaningfully contributes to the stores monthly safety committee meetings
- Deters and prevents stealing or the committing of unlawful acts while on Harmons premises
- Maintains access to and operates Harmons security camera system and equipment
- Is present on the sales floor to identify potential safety, security, and theft risks
- Assists with in-store aspects of investigations for the people and risk management departments
- Delivers excellent customer service to all customers
- Completes assigned tasks efficiently and in a timely manner
- Maintains open communication with store director and director of risk management
- Works with law enforcement officials as needed for incidents related to criminal or civil charges
- Sets a professional and positive example to others
- Assists as needed to ensure the success of the store as a whole
MARGINAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
NATURE OF WORK CONTACTS:
- Consistent and daily interaction with store associates
- Consistent and daily interaction with customers
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A high school diploma or GED preferred; or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Working knowledge of security procedures and techniques, applicable laws and regulations, etc.
- Ability to understand and use security camera software and cloud-based data transfer
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Must possess solid communication skills, including verbal and listening skills in order to effectively and efficiently communicate with and manage diverse groups of people
- Ability to appropriately and professionally handle conflict
- Must possess the ability to accept constructive review and be accountable for one s own success as well as the success of your team
- Required to make logical, significant decisions using general, recognized skills and techniques
- Must possess integrity, a positive attitude, be mission-driven, and be self-directed with a demonstrated passion for Harmons mission and commitment to working collaboratively
- Continually strives to be product minded, customer minded, personnel minded, detailed, forward focused and consistent
- Ability to work weekends, evenings, and holidays
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally performed in a safe and comfortable store environment with the possibility of frequent exposure to cold, hot, slippery, or wet conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to grasp, push, pull, carry, stoop, twist, crouch, and reach; perform tasks requiring repetitive motion and eye, hand, and foot coordination; hear and respond to customer inquiries. Also requires standing, walking and bending throughout the entire work day and the ability to maneuver heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds from location to location.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrate our employees#39; differences including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Diversity makes us better.