Position Title: Produce Clerk
Reports To: Produce Manager
Flsa Status: Non-Exempt
To assist in the maintenance and operations in the Produce Department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Verify and communicate the quality, count, and freshness of all products.
- Prepare merchandise in sales area. (Trimming, packaging, weighing, and pricing)
- Display merchandise in a neat and colorful manner.
- Maintain freshness standards on counters.
- Maintenance of equipment and housekeeping of back room and sales area.
- Be aware of case temperatures and communicate any temperature failures to the manager in charge.
- Maintain good customer relations with prompt and courteous service.
- Observe policies and procedures established for the department.
- Follow “clean as you go” program to ensure clean, sanitary environment.
- Know product and product uses.
- Greet all customers and be observant.
- Abide by all company policies as stated in the Employee Handbook.
Supplemetal Job Functions:
- Assist in the unloading of merchandise.
- Transport stock to coolers and storage areas.
- Monitor inventory of supplies and notify Produce Manager when orders are needed.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Basic math skills and ability to accurately count product and match against invoices.
- Must have strong communication skills for assisting the customers.
- Must have dexterity in hands to enable trimming and packaging of produce.
- Ability to unload, transport, and place merchandise in their specified areas.
- Must be able to lift up to fifty (50) pounds up to fifty percent (50%) of the time.