Location: Farrell, PA
Description: Our client is currently seeking a Plant Manager
This position is responsible for all activities that occur within the manufacturing facility. The Plant Manager operates effectively as a leader with direct responsibility for manufacturing and key support process operations. The Plant Manager leads through influence in a matrix organization in relation to additional functions that occur at the facility, such as shipping and distribution. The purpose of this position is to achieve continuous improvements in the areas of safety, efficiency, quality, customer service and leadership so as to deliver financial profitability for the plant.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Oversee manufacturing operations for a commercial baking facility consisting of hourly associates and a management staff.
- Lead the achievement of a zero injury workplace by ensuring safe work conditions for associates and compliance with all state and federal regulations on environmental, health and safety issues.
- With a focus on the front line and a bias for action, ensure associates have the tools resources and capabilities to succeed and deliver on expectations.
- Understand, coach and teach the principles of the BBU Manufacturing Transformation, including lean tools, process capability and operational discipline.
- Responsible for all aspects of operations and achieving key performance measurements related to personnel safety, quality and food safety, service, and cost, while continually improving process reliability and performance.
- Build a culture of mutual respect, teamwork, and professionalism, demonstrating active support in the Company s values and policies.
- Extend capabilities to meet market needs and support profitable growth of the products produced by the facility.
- Build an organization that is customer focused, flexible, and has a strong business acumen.
- Conducts performance appraisals and talent assessments of the management team and recommends and/or implements appropriate training programs to address developmental needs.
Qualifications & Requirements:
Required: 5+ years of experience in an industrial baking environment
Strongly Preferred: College degree
Must understand and have full knowledge of production process and floor equipment
Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
Outstanding communication and people skills
Knowledge of industry regulations and guidelines
Required: Extensive cookie baking experience/expertise
Contact: mmcknight judge.com
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com