Position Title: Night Crew Clerk
Reports To: Grocery Manager / Store Director
Flsa Status: Non-Exempt
- To maintain pricing, stocking, and rotation of merchandise in the grocery department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in unloading the merchandise.
- Transport stock for storage to stock areas.
- Open cartons and price items (if needed) accurately.
- Keep store shelves fully stocked according to tag allocations.
- Assist in building store displays.
- Keep perishable merchandise rotated and pull out-of-code product as needed.
- Control level of damaged goods.
- Properly present assigned section prior to leaving at the end of scheduled work shift.
- Observe policies and procedures established for each department.
- Greet customers who come into the store and be observant.
- Maintain a neat appearance according to the company’s dress code policy.
- Abide by all company policies as stated in the Employee Handbook.
Supplemental Job Functions:
- Maintenance of price and protection program.
- Housekeeping of sales and back room areas.
- Assist with front-end service when needed.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Ability to read and write to properly tag merchandise, maintain proper inventory level and ensure rotation of product.
- Ability to unload, transport, and place merchandise in specific areas.
- Must have the ability to retrieve and place merchandise on the top racks in the grocery aisles for proper storage. The top racking process may be 20% of the time working in the aisles during the shift.
- Ability to lift up to seventy (70) pounds at least forty percent (40%) of the time.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.