Position Title : Meat Cutter
Department : Meat
Reports To : Meat Manager
Flsa Status : Non-Exempt
- To cut meat and related products in a variety, size, quality, and trim as directed by company standards.
Essential Job Functions:
- Cut and trim all merchandise as directed by company standards.
- Price and display product in cases as directed by Meat Manager or Meat Supervisor.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work, display, and storage areas.
- Communicate temperature failure of cases and storage areas to manager in charge.
- Maintain good customer service relations by providing prompt and courteous service at all times.
- Observe policies and procedures established by the department.
- Observe all local, state, and federal health weights and measures laws.
- Abide by all company policies stated in the Employee Handbook.
Supplemental Job Functions:
- Assist in wrapping and packaging of product when needed.
- Receive, weigh, and breakdown meats and related products.
- Maintain operating equipment and follow OSHA regulations.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Ability to read and write to properly tag product.
- Must have dexterity in hands to enable the cutting and trimming of the meats.
- Ability to lift up to seventy (70) pounds at least forty percent (40%) of the time.
- Should have at least one year experience as a meat wrapper.