As an Industrial Engineer, you will be required to support the Industrial Engineering Team#39;s Engineered Labor Standards program. This will include process engineering, data collection and analysis, associate training, as well as implementation and support of the program. The successful candidate will provide support primarily for New England Distribution Centers, but will also support all DC#39;s across the country.
- Develop and maintain engineered labor standards for distribution functions at any of the assigned facilities in the C&S network (This includes warehousing and transportation).
- Study and analyze current processes, determine their effectiveness, and recommend strategies for improvement.
- Implement and train DC management and supervision as well as hourly support staff in the proper methods and procedures to ensure that an acceptable level of productivity is sustained.
- Engage with associates to present engineering labor standards; increase their understanding of the standards being implemented by leveraging a change management strategy that can be understood and implemented by all levels of associates, management and any applicable union members.
- Develop and evaluate facility layout changes that will improve productivity and efficiency.
- Provide cost savings associated with facility layout changes and perform other duties and activities as required.
- Test all labor related improvements EXE and Red Prairie Labor management systems
- Travel Required:Yes
- Office : Office Temperature (65F to 75F)
- Warehouse : Perishable Warehouse (28F to 60F)
- Warehouse : Freezer (-20F to 0F)
- Warehouse : Grocery Warehouse (50F to 90F)
- Specialized Knowledge : Warehouse/Operations Management, Time Studies, Process Planning/Optimization, Data Mining, Data Analysis, Data Visualization
- Special Skills : Labor Management Systems, Warehouse Management Systems, Microsoft Excel, SQL Developer
- Physical abilities: : Walk, Run
- Other: : Experience using Red Prairie#39;s Labor Management System and/or EXE#39;s Warehouse management system
- Strong interpersonal and team work skills : Experience using work study techniques such as stop watch studies, work sampling, predetermined time and motion systems (MTM, MOST)
- NA : Flexibility to work outside the normal work hours and travel to the other facilities as needed
Years Of Experience
- 2-5 : Distribution and warehousing experience.
- Bachelor#39;s Degree - Industrial Engineering