C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. , based in Keene, NH, is the largest wholesale grocery supply company in the U.S. and the industry leader in supply chain innovation. Founded in 1918 as a supplier to independent grocery stores, C&S now services customers of all sizes, supplying more than 6,000 independent supermarkets, chain stores, military bases, and institutions with over 150,000 different products. At C&S, We Select the Best® – those with the motivation, pride, and drive to succeed in our fast-paced world.
Working Safely is a Condition of Employment at C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. C&S Wholesale Grocers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
As a Material Handling Equipment (MHE) Technician, you will repair and maintain electric and propane industrial lift trucks, pallet jacks, scissor lifts, and/or cherry pickers. You will follow manuals and use hand tools, power tools, and knowledge of electrical, power transmission, brake, and other mechanical systems.
- Manage the repair of the MHE, including monitoring and trending, troubleshooting and repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Conduct preventive maintenance (PM#39;s) within manufacturer#39;s guidelines/specifications and established timelines to include oil changes, filter changes, calibration of equipment, belts changes, inspections, adjustments, lubrication, etc.
- Responsible for logging time and materials into computerized maintenance management system
- Required to interpret and understand plans and specifications, schematics, operating and maintenance manuals
- Assist the battery technicians by assisting in battery charger repairs, battery changes for MHE, repair of plugs and tips of batteries and chargers, watering and washing batteries, acid spill clean up
- Assist the building and refrigeration maintenance teams. Duties will include assisting in general building repairs, electrical troubleshooting and repairs, refrigeration systems repair and maintenance, and other general maintenance activities
- Travel Required:No
- Warehouse : Freezer (-20F to 0F)
- Warehouse : Perishable Warehouse (28F to 60F)
- Warehouse : Grocery Warehouse (50F to 90F)
- Specialized Knowledge : Knowledge of mechanical systems including transmissions, drive units, differentials, braking systems, internal combustion motors, telescopic masts, reach mechanisms, and steering systems. Working knowledge of AC/DC electrical systems as they pertain to the preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of MHE. Detailed knowledge of hydraulic systems/schematics/components, electrical systems/schematics both AC and DC systems, drive motors, power amps, and electrical controls including PLC systems. Detailed knowledge of mechanical systems including transmissions, drive units, differentials, braking systems, internal combustion motors, telescopic masts, reach mechanisms, steering systems, suspension systems, etc.
- Special Skills :
- Physical abilities: :
- Other: :
Years Of Experience
- 2-5 : Experience logging work orders and PMs into computerized tracking systems. Experience with Crown, Raymond, and Toyota material handling equipment a plus.
Attendance, High School Diploma - General Studies, Initiative, Productivity, Quality, Safety