Duties & Responsibilities other duties may be assigned:
- Practice safe food handling procedures at all times.
- Maintains the appropriate profit margin in accordance to the approved pre-set budget, which entails, but is not limited to: sales goals, cost of goods, expenses, price changes and waste management.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining all marketing programs.
- Prepares the weekly and daily work schedules and directs the activities of employees working in the Food Service Department.
- Ensures proper training on weighing, slicing, cutting and serving of deli products.
- Suggests development of new products to supervisor. If approved, implements suggestions.
- Responsible for conducting inventory, preparing for inventory, and inventory results.
- Maintains the Food Service Department under current California Weights & Measures mandates, and trains all employees on the use of proper tares and accurate weights.
- Is responsible for the training and overall development of employees working in the Food Service Department.
- Responsible for communication with the Store Director on all Food Service related issues
- 2 years of managerial experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills
- Posses the ability to handle high stress and volume of customers while maintaining a positive shopping experience for the customer.
- Availability requirements include; but are not limited to; days, evenings, weekends, & holidays.
Physical Demands While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand for long periods of time; walk; frequent use of hands.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Frequently lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.