The responsibility of the Farmstand Receiving Clerk is to support the Assistant Store Manager of the Farmstand in executing all aspects of the receiving and stocking process. This includes the movement and validation process for all incoming Farmstand inventory, reviewing associated order documents to ensure the accurate quantity, quality, and barcoding of items as well as the display and presentation of product as needed, including the effective and efficient stocking, and restocking of product. Communication with the Assistant Store Manager and the Director of Farmstand Operations to highlight received item issues including damages or order discrepancies is required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Support the Assistant Store Manager in the unloading of designated Farmstand trucks and the movement of inventory to the proper designated stocking and storage areas as directed
- Utilize documents related to the receiving process to check and validate orders for correct quantities, quality, and barcoding
- Ensure all products with incorrect or missing barcodes are properly stored and corrected before being sent to floor displays or department associates
- Identify, document, and communicate any order discrepancies, issues, or damages with the Assistant Store Manager in an accurate and timely manner
- Assist in the maintenance and organization of both the Farmstand receiving and storage areas, correctly labeling and pricing inventory in accordance with department procedures
- Support the Assistant Store Manager in the accurate and timely completion of inventory displays as well as the stocking and restocking of items as directed
- Effectively conduct all activities related to cashiering including the activation, counting, and balancing of POS drawer to maintain proper cash and accurate POS transactions
- Utilize POS system to verify customer information, look up items and add new rewards members
- Maintain and communicate knowledge of Farmstand sales and mark down methods to customers to generate sales
- Develop a working knowledge of all receiving policies and procedures, correctly checking and signing all documents as needed
- Operate forklifts and machinery as needed to support the movement of inventory across the property
- Communicate with store management to complete all other tasks as assigned
- Well Organized/Attention to detail
- Strong Work Ethic
- Ability to Work Independently
- Maintain a productive working relationship with colleagues inside and outside of the organization
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
2+ years of progressive experience working in a grocery setting or produce industry is required. Working knowledge of a POS system and spreadsheet application is required, Counterpoint and Excel preferred. Forklift certification preferred, not required. Serv Safe and CPR certification preferred but not required.
This job operates in an active retail store environment. This job may be either indoors or outdoors or both.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
This position requires frequent standing, walking, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and / or crawling. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Flexible hours. Days and hours of work vary by schedule and season. Must be available to work early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
Mahoney’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.