Position Summary: Responsible for upholding Earth Fares Vision, Mission, Declaration and Customer Service Creed, and adhering to the departments Standard Operating Procedures. Works independently and in a team to ensure the overall maintenance, cleaning and sanitizing of dishes, utensils, baking/cooking equipment, floors and surfaces in the kitchen and caf#233; areas are properly maintained and trash in these areas is removed. Provides excellent customer service at all times.
- Adheres to the Earth Fare vision, standard operating procedures and merchandising guidelines, with a strong emphasis on customer service, safety and sanitation. Maintains a positive and professional work environment.
- Department Conditions: Maintains cleanliness, sanitation, and overall organization of the Food Service Department and caf#233; including all fixtures, tables, floors, storage, work stations, doorways, walls, equipment, freezers, coolers and dish washing station throughout their shift. Maintains clean trash receptacles in the food preparation and caf#233; areas.
- Operational Tasks: Provides excellent customer service in the Food Service and Caf#233; area. Uses the dish machine to wash pots, pans, trays, utensils, cups and other food preparation equipment while maintaining organization and flow of the dish pit; rewashes items as necessary to meet sanitation standards, maintains dishwasher and cleaning detergents according to operating guidelines including proper water temperature for cleaning. Keeps the dish area organized and well stocked. Reports equipment failures or replacement needs to the Food Service Manager. Attends required department and store-wide meetings, performs other job related duties as assigned by the Department Managers.
Knowledge and Essential Critical Skills/Expertise
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service to customers and Team Members at all times.
- Must be able to work independently and within a team setting.
- Must be organized and pay close attention to detail.
- Must be able to multi-task and assist customers while completing necessary production duties within the bakery.
- Must be able to read and follow both written and verbal instruction from the Bakery Manager and other store management.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays. Flexibility to support sister stores in the same region when business needs arise.
- Must attend work on a regular and predictable basis.
- Must complete assigned tasks in a safe manner and in a constant state of alertness.
- Must uphold Company policies, including the anti-harassment program.
- Must work in a cooperative manner with managers, supervisors, coworkers, customers and the public.
- Must uphold the highest standard of integrity, honesty and ethical behavior.
- Must work effectively and efficiently under stressful conditions.
- Must be able to work varying shifts, including overtime.
- Previous experience working in a restaurant, bakery or catering environment preferred.
- Experience working in a retail and/or customer service oriented environment preferred.
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above may be acquired through levels of education and experience, however, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience, which provide an applicant with the listed knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job, is acceptable.
- Works in a fast-paced environment with a focus on customer service.
- May work in environments of extreme cold and extreme heat.
- May be exposed to odors, fumes, smoke and loud noise associated with working in a kitchen environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. (In the event an item weighs over 50 pounds the Team Member should have another member of the team help lift the item).
- Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, kneel and squat.
- Must be able to push, pull, and maneuver heavy loads.
- Must be able to stand and be on ones feet the majority of the work day.