The Deli Clerk is responsible to perform duties as directed by the Deli Manager and/or Assistant Deli Manager for the successful operation of the Deli Department. The Deli Clerk is responsible for assisting customers at the deli counter by helping them sample, slice, weigh, and package the products for purchase, as well as maintaining shelves, cases, and displays. Clerks are also responsible for setting an example in providing attentive and courteous customer service.
- Provide courteous service to customers by answering questions, making recommendations, providing samples, slicing, weighing, and packaging product.
- Shrink wrap products
- Maintain proper shelf, cooler, and case conditions such as stocking, cleaning and rotating product
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation at the deli cases, prep area, floors, and coolers.
- Follow all food safety and sanitation procedures established by the Company and other regulatory agencies.
- Perform other duties directed by management
- Assist cooks and kitchen staff with various tasks as needed
- Carry food supplies, equipment, and utensils to and from storage and work areas
- Assist workers in other departments when the needs of the business require
- Cooperate with other departments when inter-departmental or storewide sales promotions warrant
- Travel Required:No
- Store : Grocery Warehouse (50F to 90F)
- Specialized Knowledge : Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situation
- Special Skills : Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions for equipment, and procedure manuals; Ability to write routine reports; Ability to speak effbility to read, write, and perform basic math functions; Possess basic computer skills; Regular vision
- Physical abilities: : Constant amounts of standing & walking; Frequent amounts of lifting, carrying, 60 lb, pushing, and pulling loads up to 65 lb, handling, talking tasting, smelling, and hearing
- Other: : Ability to operate Oven/stove, Microwave, Wrapping Machine, Pizza Dough Press, Fryolator, Slicer, Toaster, Computerized Scales, Food Processor, Dishwasher
Years Of Experience
- 0-2 : Some experience in retail or deli operations preferred.
- Attendance, Initiative, Productivity, Quality, Safety, Values