The Bakery Clerk is responsible to perform duties as directed by the Bakery Manager and/or Assistant Bakery Manager for the successful operation of the Bakery Department. The Bakery Clerk is responsible for slicing, pricing, and packaging product, as well as maintaining shelves, cases, and displays. Clerks are also responsible for setting an example in providing attentive and courteous customer service.
- Wait on customers at the bakery case.
- Keep our cases filled with product.
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation at the bakery cases, prep area, floors and coolers.
- Shrink wrap products.
- Bag bread and rolls; package pies, cakes and cookies.
- Cooperate with other departments when inter-departmental or storewide sales promotions warrant.
- Assist workers in other departments when the needs of the business require.
- Take cake orders from customers.
- Responsible to obey all Safety, Loss Prevention and Human Resource Standards as outlined by the Company.
- Perform other duties, regarding the Company, directed by the appropriate management
- Travel Required:No
- Store : Office Temperature (65F to 75F)
- Specialized Knowledge : Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Special Skills : Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions for equipment, and procedure manuals. The ability to write routine reports and the ability to speak effectively to our customers and employees and to employees of other organizations.Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest and percentages.
- Physical abilities: : The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands, arms and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk, and the employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop; kneel; and smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Other: : As cited under 46.111, it is the employee#39;s responsibility as a food handling employee to report to the manager on duty information about health conditions and activities as they relate to diseases described in 46.112 (relating to diseases or medical conditions that must be reported) or diseases transmissible through food. Any exposure to the following illnesses, confirmed diagnosis, person-to-person contact or food implicated or confirmed in a disease outbreak transmissible through food handling must be reported to the manager on duty prior to reporting to the department. Salmonella typhi currently or within the past three months Shigella spp. currently or within the past month Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli currently or within the past month Hepatitis A virus The employee must report to the manager on duty if any employee#39;s household members who is/was diagnosed or attends/works in a setting where there is a confirmed disease outbreak caused by the following: Salmonella typhi currently or within the past three months Shigella spp. currently or within the past month Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli currently or within the past month Hepatitis A virus The following symptoms caused by an illness associated with an acute gastrointestinal illness must be reported to the manager on duty prior to reporting to the department. Diarrhea Fever Vomiting Jaundice Sore Throat with Fever A lesion containing pus such as a boil or infected wound that is open or draining and is any of the following, must be reported to the manager on duty prior to reporting to the department. If the wound is located on the hand, wrist or exposed arm must be protected by an impermeable cover. If the wound is located on another body part it must be protected by a dry, durable, tight-fitting bandage.
Years Of Experience
- 2-5 : Some experience with the operations of a bakery is desired.