The Cashier is responsible for accurately and efficiently checking out customer#39;s orders, while providing attentive and friendly customer service.
- Check out customers efficiently and accurately using correct scanning method in accordance with all Federal, State, and Local regulations as well as company policies
- Bag customer orders
- Maintain security /minimize losses through awareness of pricing errors, coupons, checks, EBT, WIC, bottom of carriage items, and other transactions
- Provide courteous customer service; using please and thank you, smiling, maintain eye contact with customers, and direct them to appropriate manager if necessary
- Stock supplies in immediate area, as well as retrieve carts and perform miscellaneous cleaning, facing, and straighten various shelf sections
- Travel Required:No
- Store : Grocery Warehouse (50F to 90F)
- Specialized Knowledge : N/A
- Special Skills : Ability to read, write, and perform basic math functions; Possess basic computer skills; Excellent vision.
- Physical abilities: : Frequent amounts of pushing/pulling loads up to 35 lb, crouching, and balancing, and kneeling; Constant amounts of standing, walking, lifting/carrying loads up to 35 lb, stooping, reaching, handling, talking, and hearing
- Other: : Ability to operate: Cash Register, Telephone System, Scanner, Scale; Ability to handle money, checks, and other media and distinguish between various forms of currency
Years Of Experience
- 0-2 : Retail and/or customer service experience preferred
- Attendance, Initiative, Productivity, Quality, Safety, Values