Position Title: Cashier
Department: Front End
Reports To: Customer Service Manager / Bookkeeper
Flsa Status: Non-Exempt
To operate a cash register and check-stand efficiently and courteously in a manner that will conform with all front-end procedures and company policies. Cashiers are also expected to ensure customer satisfaction by giving prompt and courteous service.
Essential Job Functions:
- Scan grocery orders accurately and efficiently.
- Correctly identify departments and modifiers that do not scan.
- Utilized scan and bag technique for maximum efficiency, and bag according to customer requests.
- Count cash drawer before shift begins, and keep drawer secure at all times.
- Handle a payment media accurately, and comply with company policy of accountability/cash control.
- Correctly follow void procedures.
- Accurately identify produce items and key in their appropriate lookup code numbers.
- Enforce security policies such as shoplifting, associate purchase policy, bottom of basket (BOB), and the Grapevine.
- Knowledge of proper store supply procedures.
- Knowledge of weekly ad and Hot Sheet items.
- Provide high standards of customer service by properly greeting and thanking customers.
- Abide by all company policies as stated in the Employee Handbook.
Supplemental Job Functions:
- Assist in general housekeeping around the front end area.
- To help stock shelves or face the store when necessary.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Must have dexterity in hands to be able to scan/key groceries.
- Must have strong communication skills to ensure excellent customer service.
- Strong mathematical skills required to run the registers.
- Must be able to lift up to twenty five (25) pounds up to forty percent (40%) of the time.
- Must be able to stand upright for the majority of your scheduled work shift.