- stocking and rotating inventory
- preparing, cooking, and serving meals for Publix associates and
- washing pots and operating the dishwasher
- the responsibilities listed on this posting are not intended to be all-inclusive and additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- be at least 18 years old or at least 19 years old for positions in Alabama
- be able to work weekends, holidays, and extended periods of time
- be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- be able to read, write, and solve math problems
- be able to interpret, understand, and follow instructions
- be able to stand for long periods of time
- be able to bend, stoop, and twist
- have at least six months of cooking experience in an environment where a variety of entrees and methods are used (for example, a restaurant, cafeteria, or culinary school)
- have the ability to work well with others and be a team member
- show enthusiasm, initiative and pride in work and
- show commitment to Publix’s mission.
- current Lakeland Distribution associate
- have more than six months of cooking experience in an environment where a variety of entrees and methods are used (for example, a restaurant, cafeteria, or culinary school)
Frequency of Pay: Weekly
Hours of Work 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Travel Frequency: 0%
Work Environment: Temperatures could range from 0 degrees to 85 degrees Fahrenheit; also includes working in a wet environment.
Year End Bonus: To reward associates for their contributions to the company for the calendar year, Publix provides a Holiday Bonus in November. In the first year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to 15 hours of pay, and in the second year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to one week’s pay if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check. In subsequent years, the bonus is equal to two weeks’ pay.