Duties & Responsibilities other duties may be assigned:
- Practice safe food handling procedures at all times.
- Under the direction of the Food Service Manager, maintains the appropriate profit margin in accordance to the approved pre-set budget, which entails, but is not limited to: sales goals, cost of goods, expenses, price changes and waste management.
- The Assistant Deli Manager assists in the development of the Food Service Department by coordinating activities of all employees engaged in the sales and processing of Food Service products in the absence of the Food Service Manager.
- Under the direction of the Food Service Manager, is responsible for the training and overall development of employees working in the Deli Department, on a daily basis.
- Assists in implementing and maintaining all marketing programs.
- Responsible for using the tools provided by management to ensure the success of the department.
- Responsible for the implementation and execution of all merchandising programs.
- Packages, displays and merchandises all Food Service goods according to company standards.
- Inspects finished bakery products to ensure Bristol Farms standards of quality, weight specifications, & presentation.
- Responsible for communication with the Food Service Manager and Store Director on all department related issues.
- 1 year of managerial experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills
- Posses the ability to handle high stress and volume of customers while maintaining a positive shopping experience for the customer.
- Availability requirements include; but are not limited to; days, evenings, weekends, & holidays.
Physical Demands While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand for long periods of time; walk; frequent use of hands.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Frequently lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.